Staying at Casa d'Arte offers you access to both the provincial town of Zihuatanejo and the modern resort of Ixtapa just 5 miles away. The majestic Sierra Madre mountains surround the two towns and there are almost a dozen peaceful beaches where you can plant your beach towel. Zihuatanejo is certainly no longer the small fishing village it once was but it is still an authentically Mexican town.
Your vacation in the Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo area can be anything you want it to be. Below is a list of just some of the activities that await right outside your door...
- fine dining in both Zihua & Ixtapa
- massages on the beach (or in the privacy of Casa d'Arte)
- beauty days at local salons & spas
- group and private yoga classes at Paty's Miramar every morning (across the street on Playa la Ropa)
- shopping for handmade crafts, pottery, and authentic Mexican dresses
- tequila tastings
- dancing the night away at one of several live music venues or discotecs in both Zihuatanejo and nearby Ixtapa
- Spanish lessons
- bilingual cooking classes
- personalized tours of Barrio Viejo, a traditional puebla (small town) near Zihuatanejo with Sergio Aguado, travel specialist
- sunset and day cruises
- water taxi rides to Playa las Gatas and Isla Ixtapa
- cycling (bike rentals available in town)
- pier or deep sea fishing
- golfing on two exquisite courses in Ixtapa, the Palma Real Tennis & Golf Club (featuring a Robert Trent Jones Jr. designed course) and the Ixtapa Marina Golf Club
- horseback riding
- snorkeling, scuba diving, or snuba
- surfing & boogie boarding (boards are available for rent on many beaches)
- water skiing
- sea turtle, bird, and whale watching
- zipline tours
For more information about Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, please contact us and ask for our area guide.